Quick tips to help the sale of your home
A house that shows well will sell faster and bring a better price. Cosmetic touches can make a big difference. Buyers often suspect that more serious problems may exist when they notice the need for minor repairs. The following are some suggestions that have worked well for our Sellers and may give you some ideas of how to make your house look its best.
Selling your home? Contact Cherie for professional results.
- Improve the curb appeal. Touch up paint if necessary.
- The lawn and landscaping should be neat and attractive.
- The front door should be clean and inviting, no smudges or fingerprints.
- Place a pot of flowers by the front door.
- Park extra cars somewhere else.
- Get rid of clutter.
- Arrange furniture for an open feeling; too much furniture makes a room seem smaller.
- Flowers and plants add pretty touches to rooms.
- Kitchen counter tops should be free of clutter.
- Remove the "artwork" from the refrigerator door.
- Clean fingerprints from light switches and woodwork.
- A quick coat of paint works wonders. Use off-white.
- Organize the closets and cabinets; they will look bigger.
- Bathrooms and kitchens should be sparkling clean.
- Clean away mold and mildew from around bathroom tile.
- Fix loose doorknobs, drippy faucets, torn screens, etc.
- Open blinds, drapes and shades - let the light in.
- Turn lights on, especially in dark areas such as hallways and baths.
- Turn on air conditioning so house temperature is comfortable.
- Open bedroom and bathroom doors.
- Turn the TV off.
- Turn loud music off; soft music on very low is nice.
- Make the beds.
- Dishes should be done.
- Keep toilet seats closed.
- Everything should be neat, clean and uncluttered.
- Keeps pets outside or out of the way.
- And you, the Seller, should walk outside or run an errand. Buyers are more likely to share their true feelings without the Seller being present.